The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Coastal Processes is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process. Specifically, the guideline:
- defines the factor Coastal Processes and explains the associated objective
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values supported by coastal processes, and their significance
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- identifies activities that can impact on coastal processes
- provides a summary of the type of information required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.