The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Hydrological Process is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process. Specifically, the guideline:
- describes the factor Hydrological Processes and explains the associated objective
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values supported hydrological processes, and their significance
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- identifies activities that can impact on hydrological processes
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.