The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Inland Waters is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes the factor Inland Waters and explains the associated objective
- describes how this factor links with other factors
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values supported by or dependent on Inland Waters, and their significance
- identifies activities that can impact inland waters
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor.
The guideline replaces the following documents:
- Environmental Protection Authority 2016, Environmental Factor Guideline: Hydrological Processes, EPA, Western Australia.
- Environmental Protection Authority 2016, Environmental Factor Guideline: Inland Waters Environmental Quality, EPA, Western Australia