The purpose of this guideline is to communicate how the factor Landforms is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes the factor Landforms and explains the associated objective
- discusses the environmental values of landforms, and how this links with other factors
- describes the criteria that may be used to determine whether a landform is significant
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor.
In the current version (Version 2.0), the document has been updated to clarify the focus for Environmental Impact Assessment, including a restructure of the document and a revised environmental objective