The purpose of this guideline is to outline how the factor Subterranean Fauna is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes the factor Subterranean Fauna and explains the associated objective
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values of subterranean fauna, and their significance
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- identifies activities that can impact on subterranean fauna
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.