The purpose of this guideline is to outline how the factor Terrestrial Fauna is considered by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) in the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process.
Specifically, the guideline:
- describes the factor Terrestrial Fauna and explains the associated objective
- describes EIA considerations for this factor
- discusses the environmental values of terrestrial fauna, and their significance
- describes issues commonly encountered by the EPA during EIA of this factor
- identifies activities that can impact on terrestrial fauna
- provides a summary of the type of information that may be required by the EPA to undertake EIA related to this factor.