Ventrex Resources Limited proposed to develop the existing Project located approximately 144 kilometres southeast of Port Hedland and 57 km west of Marble Bar, utilising an open pit mine to extract the upper portion of the deposit and an underground mine to extract the lower portion.
The modified Project has a disturbance footprint of 322 hectares and consists of:
- an open pit to mine the upper portion of the orebody;
- an underground mine (accessed via a portal within the pit) to mine the remainder of the orebody;
- a conventional processing plant which will produce separate copper and zinc concentrations;
- a conventional ‘valley fill’ Tailings Storage Facility with a combined High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and compacted low permeability sub-base liner;
- a heap leach facility within the same footprint as the ultimate TSF for recovery of copper from supergene and oxide ores;
- a Waste Rock dump;
- supporting infrastructure.