The proposal is to develop a Waste Transfer and Resource Recovery Facility approximately 10 kilometres from Perth at 25 Jackson Street, Bassendean in the Bassendean Industrial Area.
The proposal would include:
- a Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) for the processing of co-mingled recyclables;
- acceptance, short term stockpiling and baling of source separated recycled commodities;
- glass crusher for management of waste glass from the MRF;
- a metal shredder for the processing of metal commodities;
- a Waste Transfer Station for the acceptance and short term storage of putrescible waste materials; and
- transportation off site of compacted putrescible waste materials that cannot be recycled to appropriate disposal facilities, and baled commodities for export.